Thank you so much for choosing to become a member of the African Bird Club (ABC) or to renew your membership. What we do is only possible thanks to the support of people like you.
As a member of ABC, you will receive –
• two issues per year of our flagship Bulletin*, packed full of news, round-ups and reports, feature articles, letters and reviews
• access to digital editions of the Bulletin through our bespoke app, so you can download and read the latest issues on a smartphone or tablet
• our e-newsletter every six months, to keep you up to date with what ABC is doing
• an information service to help you plan trips and identify what you saw (simply email us at [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as we can)
• an invitation to our AGM, in which you can take part in person or by proxy
• invitations to our members-only talks, on a range of topics related to African birds and conservation, by experts in their field
*Student members and Supported members receive digital editions only of the Bulletin.
Individual, Family, Supporting and Life members may choose to receive printed and/or digital editions and if Individual or Family members choose to receive digital editions only, they will pay a reduced annual membership fee.
We offer the following types of membership –
Individual membership fees are –
£30* per year (Africa and UK)
£33* per year (Europe except UK) or
£35* per year (Rest of World)
A Family membership comes at a cost of –
£35* per year (Africa and UK)
£38* per year (Europe except UK) or
£40* per year (Rest of World)
*Or £25 (regardless of where you live) if you choose to receive digital editions only of the Bulletin.
Life membership is available for a one-off payment of £600.
Student members, who must be under 18 or studying for an undergraduate or a postgraduate degree, pay an annual fee of £12.50.
Membership is free to eligible Supported members.
Supporting members, who help subsidise Supported members, pay a fee of –
£40 per year (Africa and UK)
£43 per year (Europe except UK) or
£45 per year (Rest of World)
Membership fees can be paid for one or two years.
Change of Address or Email Email us at [email protected]if you are renewing your membership and need to update your address or email.
You may become a Supported member of ABC if you –
• live in an African country and
• take an active interest in African birds and their conservation but
• cannot afford annual membership fees
To apply, you or the person who is recommending you should send an email to [email protected] with –
• your full name
• the country where you are from
• your current email address and
• a brief statement about how you are involved with African birds and contributing to their conservation